I am building a Tiki 21 and will soon start painting the hulls (or at least the bottom half of one of them).
I am thinking about painting her just like the one on the photos in the building plans (decks white, lower hulls red), maybe also skipping waterline and antifouling since I could do that later on, if needed.
Now I have some questions about how the paintwork is done properly:
1. Is a high-grade 1-component paint like International Toplac good enough?
2. For the lower hulls I decided to go with Toplac 011 fire red which is hopefully not as pink as it appears on some colour charts I found on the net. For the decks I would like to go with some off white. Anyone knows which Toplac white comes close to that? Maybe Toplac 812 ivory?
3. Is 1 layer of primer and 2 layers of paint enough?
4. Is it possible to paint the whole bottom of the hull (even though International states Toplac is meant to be used above waterline)?
5. Assuming I would do the waterlining and antifouling now - how and in which order is it done usually, starting from the epoxy sealed hull?
6. How much paint is needed for painting decks and hulls?
Thanks in advance for answering,