Tiki 23.5'????

These forums are now closed

The forums are closed to new contributions. For informational purposes, all posts will remain available to read here.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Tiki 23.5'????

I recently purchased some Tiki 21 drawings to do repairs to a very old and neglected Tiki 21.  Upon reflection I think the old boat is a lost cause and am thinking of starting over.  When I look at the plans it seems a no brainer to make the boat a bit longer as why scarf up 3 sheets of ply and not use the full lenght? Not going to be the smallest multi to circumnavigate or enter a design competition so why not?

Clearly Wharrams have been modified in all types of ways with varied results, but I was intend a straight 1 1/8 to 1 scaling.  You actually end up 20mm short but should work out OK.  I figure an extra sheet or 2 of ply and you have about 40 % more payload and a bit more space inside.  I really want to be able to include a small removeable Woods style cuddy as well and the extra space between the hulls allows for one large enough to sleep  in when in family cruiser mode.

Thoughts, fears, insights appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff

boatguy30 (not verified)
Mana 24

I see others liked my idea! thinking of building one for the Jester Challenge, need to wait just a bit though as I recently launched my Woods Vardo.